For the rest of a non-toxic kitchen, see dedicated posts on:
This post contains affiliate links, upon purchase I earn a small commission at not extra cost to you.
100% Lead-Free Faucets
There is a very unfortunate certification for faucets which is named “lead-free” but means the faucet can contain 0.25% lead. If you are concerned with lead (no level of lead is a safe level and it’s difficult to chelate), you want to look for 100% lead-free faucets.
The ones I have seen that are 100% lead-free are made of 100% solid stainless stee
Options for 100% Lead-Free Faucets:
- MGS an Italian company (pricy!)
- Nivito and in Canada
- Bay Castle makes 100% stainless faucets.
- Trywell makes a 100% stainless steel spigot for RO systems.
- Waterstone has some stainless steel options and those ones are 100% stainless.
- Signature Hardware, Bennet
- Build Essentials from Build with Ferguson
- Kraus Purita made with lead free brass. (Good price!)
Next Best Options
If you cannot source a 100% lead-free faucet you can add a certified filter to the tap like this Brita one which will remove lead.
It’s ideal to also have a whole house system or reverse osmosis (RO) as well to remove contaminants.
The type of system needed depends on if you are on city or well water, and which contaminants your water contains.
If you are on well water, a RO or charcoal system is not advised without having a primary UV or ceramic filter to take care of microbes first.