Note: Topics I Don’t Cover
- Remediation of mold, pesticides, lead, radon and asbestos (consult with specialists in those fields).
- Pest control choices (consult with a non-toxic pest control specialist).
- Mechanical systems: HVAC, appliances, electrical system concerns, and water heaters (consult with experts in the required mechanical field).
- Building science advice (should be provided by an architect, engineer, or other building science expert).
- How long does x take to offgas. Unless it’s a simple chemical that has been studied, it’s not likely someone has the answer to this. I have sniff tested many products myself and have experience from thousands of chemically sensitive folks, but I don’t have an answer for most products.
- Materials outside of North America – Evaluation of building materials and products outside of North America.
- Recommend a builder – I don’t recommend specific builders including tiny house companies. I do have some builders, designers, and architects on my resource page and can guide you through the process of finding a builder. More on why I don’t recommend builders here.
Liability Waiver for mold avoidance coaching
I consent to participate voluntarily in My Chemical-Free House Consulting and I expressly assume all the risks entailed in the project under discussion and I take full responsibility for my well-being and all decisions made during, and after the email and phone consultations.
I understand that Corinne Segura is not a medical or mental health care provider and she is not providing health care, medical therapy services, or attempting to diagnose, treat or cure in any manner whatsoever, any disease, condition or other physical or mental ailment of the human body. Rather, she is serving only in her capacity as a coach, educator, mentor
Liability waiver for healthy home consults
I consent to participate in My Chemical-Free House Consulting and I expressly assume all the risks entailed in the project under discussion. I take full responsibility for my well-being and all decisions made during, and after the email and phone consultations.
I understand that Corinne Segura is not a medical or mental health care provider, architect or engineer, and she is not providing health care, medical therapy services, nor architectural/building science or engineering advice.
She is serving to provide information on safe housing options and materials. It is the client’s sole responsibility to make all material and project decisions that best suit their health needs. Client’s with chemical sensitivities are expected to self test all materials discussed to see if it suits their health needs.
It is the client’s responsibility to consult with building science experts and contractors on ALL decisions related to moisture and mold prevention, performance and quality of materials, and installation of materials.
Corinne Segura is not responsible for outcomes of the client’s final material choices on health, outcomes of performance of materials, or outcomes of moisture performance.
Outside experts will be suggested as needed, when those suggestions are made those experts are essential to safety, health, and a good outcome to the project being discussed.